Monday, February 14, 2011

Dangerbird

Alright, so this post is probably going to be pretty short, but it was better than posting just a link to Facebook or Twitter.  Anyway, as I was surfing the wide interwebs I found this site: www.dangerbirdrecords.com.  Don't ask how I found it (despite the fact that I listen to at least 3 of their artists), I think it had something to do with Liam Gallagher and the rest of Oasis's new band... maybe through a Facebook ad.  No, I didn't click the add, I think I ended up Googling Danger Bird thinking that was the band's name (it's not, their name is Beady Eye).


So, here I am, staring at this site, and I go "wtf?"  This is, in fact, a record label that supports 3 bands I already liked, and have discovered maybe 3 or 4 more already that are sounding pretty freaking awesome.  I mean seriously... Hot Hot Heat, Silversun Pickups, and Fitz and the Tantrums are all on the same label?!? How did I not know this!


Anyway, I click on Beady Eyes's page and eventually find the band's website.  Not bad, seems pretty Oasisy to be honest, but what else are they gonna sound like since it's pretty much Oasis sans Noel Gallagher?  So now I'm in the mood to explore a little.  Let's just say, I recommend you take a look at Codeine Velvet Club and The Dears.  I would say more about the others, but it's almost 7 AM and I'm gonna crash now, haha.  At the very least, if you don't like the couple bands I linked to, check out the rest of Dangerbird's lineup.  I'm fairly sure almost everyone will find something they like here, unless all you listen to is screamo or death metal or something...  Not so much of that there as far as I can tell.




Before I go, here's my favorite song by Fitz and the Tantrums, enjoy!




-Shakespeare

No comments:

Post a Comment